You’ve involved the best area! Our visitor article standards outline what we are seeking so you can be sure your pitch hits the mark with our modifying team. We are delighted to hear your blog post suggestions about business and also craft of freelance writing.GuestPostGuidelines.MALW
Carol Tice started the Make a Living Creating site with a rather straightforward goal, to be a main hub that aids writers generate income creating. The website’s content concentrates on assisting authors find better-paying gigs, pitch more effectively, sharpen their craft, and also even become a writer.
Why We Pay Writers for Visitor Posts
Our team believe that if a blog makes money for its proprietor, visitor posters should be made up. After this blog started gaining revenue in 2010, Carol began paying for guest articles and also still does today.
Rates within our Guest Article Guidelines
We currently pay $75-$ 150 for guest posts (greater costs are for longer, thorough pieces composed on assignment just). We acquire all rights to your post and ask that your post is original and also not uploaded somewhere else at the same time.
Pitch your visitor article ideas concerning …
What subjects are we aiming to assign? Based on viewers demands, we’re seeking posts about:
Blog writing: Just how to get more website traffic, develop your checklist, visitor message, conversion, making use of blogging to get freelance clients (should be backed with information, screenshots, social proof).
Breaking in: How/where to find good newbie markets that pay.
Copywriting: Tips and strategies for composing headings, e-mail campaigns, lead magnets, study, white documents, as well as sales duplicate that converts.
Editor Q&A s: What do editors truly want? Speak with a number of in a particular niche and also share it with us.
Ghostwriting: Exactly how do you locate composing clients? How much should you charge? Are there composing platforms that connect writers with clients? What’s it like to be a ghostwriter?
Balancing: First-person tales on stabilizing a permanent or part-time day job, youngsters, family, etc with freelance writing.
Making the leap: How to make the change to permanent freelancing.
Market records: What it’s like to create for particular on the internet sites and emerging systems, consisting of meetings with the company and effective authors on the system.
Advertising: List building strategies to discover freelance creating prospects as well as clients, how-to advertising and marketing suggestions for consultants, means to be regular with advertising and marketing, how to discover the best prospects to pitch.
Go up as well as make much more: First-person stories of just how you found your initial good-paying client, increased your rates, up-sold a customer a big project, or burglarized a new, better-paying sort of writing; where to discover much better customers and also how to get them to hire you.
Conquering anxiety: New inclines, strategies, as well as first-person tales on just how to do freelance advertising and marketing or place your drawing up there regardless of worries, just how to construct confidence.
Efficiency: Fresh methods, suggestions, tools, or insights on time management, overcoming laziness, committing, staying clear of disturbances, and staying motivated.
Resources/tools/best websites: Seeking longer, 50-100 thing source posts for freelance authors.
Self-publishing success tales: Would like to speak with authors succeeding advertising and marketing as well as marketing their e-books.
Social network advertising and marketing success stories: On developed or emerging systems, from Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
Composing craft: Concrete techniques and workouts for improving your writing, overcoming dry spells, beating author’s block, determining what to discuss, creating headings.
Where should you send your pitch?
Can you pitch now?
In general, I only approve visitor message proposals from present and also former Freelance Writers Den participants, and also from trainees or grads of Jon Morrow’s mentoring program.
Occasionally, I hold an open pitch time. If you wish to pitch me, however you have not been through one of those 2 programs, like my Facebook web page to stay in touch– I post there when I’m open to pitches from all arrivals.
10 Steps to Guest Posting for Make a Living Creating
Below are my visitor blog post standards:
1. End up being a subscriber to this blog site and read it for a while. Nearly all our effective guest blog posts come from regular viewers.
2. Read as well as adhere to these guest message guidelines. Seriously, you would certainly not believe how many writers pitch me who have clearly never read this web page.
3. Send your best headline concept as well as overview for your proposed guest post, in the body of your email. If interested, we’ll possibly ask for some tweaks prior to providing you a task.
4. Receiving a task is not a guarantee of magazine. So remember to write the hell out of it.
5. We pay on publication, at month-end. We usually have a stockpile of visitor blog posts and only use 4-5 each month, so it may take 8-10 weeks for your blog post to show up. We pay using Paypal at the end of the month your blog post appears (on Mass Pay, so no fees obtain obtained!), so ensure we have your right Paypal email.
6. We buy unique novice as well as reprint publication legal rights. We reserve the right to reprint your article on various other websites of mine, as well as in future books or e-books I develop.
7. DO NOT SUBMIT PRE-WRITTEN messages without obtaining a job first. They will not be read or published.
8. We favor 800 to 1,200-word visitor blog posts (unless we’re appointing you a particular suggestion from the checklist above at a longer length we agree upon).
9. Keep in mind that we do NOT pay professionals that wish to do a guest message ahead of an appearance on one of my Webinars or podcasts, or that are uploading specifically to advertise a book, course, or other paid product. If your guest post has fresh, beneficial details for freelance authors, we may still have an interest in publishing it, yet do not pay in this circumstance.
10. On the day your message goes up, please respond to comments over on my Facebook. Part of what we pay for is your help driving involvement and also social sharing of the post. Payment might not loom if you are MIA the day your article rises, so be sure to let us recognize if you’re not readily available so we can reschedule your message.
Sound good? Email to send your visitor blog post heading and also rundown.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT PAID ADS, LINKS, OR FUNDED POSTS.
If you are a company or company functioning to place visitor blog posts for links, we don’t do any one of this. You can actually miss pitching us. Take us off your list now. It’s the same if you wish to release your sponsored message with your web links, or go back to an old article and things your link in. Not gon na occur. Thanks.
We will certainly react only if interested.
Due to the quantity of pitches we now get, we’re simply unable to respond to all the pitches that aren’t a fit for this blog site. If you don’t listen to back from us, you might intend to re-read this web page and also work harder on your proposal.
For example, I ‘d say well over half the pitches we get have obvious grammar errors or get on a topic that we do not cover on this blog. Don’t be that writer.
Just how to get your blog post suggestion accepted
Wondering what makes an outstanding message I just can’t withstand posting? A lot of our guest messages include firsthand, functional suggestions about some creative means to boost your freelance writing earnings.